It isn't in the best part of town. It is near the MedCenter and the neighborhood has been 'transitioning' for awhile. It is Spanish in style and absolutely beautiful. I drive past it all the time as it is about 3 blocks from my house and on the corner where I turn to go to Chris' house. At night you can see this golden glow coming from the windows and I always try to get a peek when driving past.
I went to check it out with HP since she lives in Michigan. I figured it would be a great time to get her opinion, although I had already made up my mind :) The style inside is just right. Very simple, but elegant. No trashy hearts. No gawdy flowers. I am pretty much just going to let candles do the talking when it comes to decorating for the wedding.
Here you'll see there is a beautiful garden outside. Well, it was beautiful. It was trashed by Ike, but I think by the time next October comes around it will be lush and vibrant. I think the 'cocktail' hour will be held there.
My game plan is to have the ceremony with the sun still out and then have it setting and set by the time dinner rolls around. The Duomo (the main room) is really at its best when it is dark outside.
The ceremony site.
A view of the ceiling in the Duomo.
The garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment