Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Haunted?

For those of you who know me, once I tell you about this possible wedding venue you will know I have a new favorite. The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. Stephen King stayed there once and was inspired to write The Shining. And they have ghost tours. Could it get any better? Well, yes it could.
This lovely hotel has this wonderful music room that is absolutely gorgeous and would work perfectly for a reception. AND they have a library room where Chris and I could get married. We both love books and reading and have wanted to incorporate that somehow. Plus, they have a Stephen King suite and I would so have to reserve that for Chris and I to sleep in.
I am thinking this has to be the place. There are too many elements that would make it special and different for us. Let's hope it isn't a gazillion dollars.

2 comments:

married yoshimi said...

this sounds fun! I LOVE Colorado...

Whitney said...

My friend's in-laws live in Estes Park, and it seems like a really fun place! The pictures are gorgeous.