Monday, November 3, 2008

The long wait

After what seemed like forever, I was given this beautiful ring yesterday. Chris had wanted to do something elaborate (like propose again while in a hot air balloon), but I reminded him I was busy every weekend until December and so he was nice enough not to make me wait any longer. This ring was well worth the wait. Actually, this man was well worth the wait. I am just so lucky to have met a man who is my soul mate. That may sound cheesy and I suppose it is, but there is a definite connection between us. There are so many things that make each of us unique shall I say (ok, weird may be a better adjective) that we have in common and it is great to be able to share that. He loves my life sized Buffy and that should say it all.

We spent our time discussing the wedding over dinner at Chewy's last night. It is very important for him that this be different from his first. There goes the Parador ;) He is thinking a destination wedding might be more ideal and so it is back to the drawing board. My plans today are to research some different destinations (Ireland? Banff? Greece?), figure out if a destination wedding is in the budget and go from there. A trip to B&N is definitely in the plans. I am hoping they have some magazines that might be helpful.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your ring is beautiful and perfect for you - elegant and sparkly all in one just like you are. I'm so glad you've found someone who completes your life and can't wait to hear about the wedding plans that includes BOTH of you. Just pick a fun destination......