Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Married in the mountains?

After a day of searching online for destinations, I think I have found the one I like best. Banff. I love mountains, really love them and Banff has great mountains. Here is a picture of one of the hotels I am looking at to have the event.





That is just so incredibly beautiful. If we do decide to get married in the mountains, that will change our month of choice. I am thinking July or August. It doesn't even have to be on a weekend since I figure everyone will have to travel they can make a little mini vacation out of it. Having a wedding on a Monday might save quite a bit and it would give people Saturday and Sunday to go out and explore a part of the world none of us live in. There is white water rafting, rock climbing, hiking, and shopping.

In case you are interested in seeing more, here are links to the two hotels I am considering for the event:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel http://www.fairmont.com/banffsprings

The Rimrock http://www.rimrockresort.com/concierge.html

Either place is heaven.

1 comment:

JENNY said...

Thanks for sharing your wedding blog! How fun. And, I definitely think you should have your wedding in Banff. It's a beautiful place. I went when I was in high school and have always wanted to go back.