Monday, January 12, 2009

Different

So, Chris and I are discovering that we like to do things a little differently. He tends to want to throw money at a problem and I am a DIYer. Ah, the joys of almost being married. I have a friend who will remain unamed who once told me that when she was first living with her husband she wondered if she had made a terrible mistake. Secretly I wondered myself. Now I know. (Love you H)

Getting ready to spend the rest of my life with someone is quite a daunting task- especially after 14 years of living on my own. I want things done my way. Oh. And so does Chris. The trick is realizing that neither one of us is 'wrong'. We just do things a little differently. Learning to share space and share decision making is not so easy for me. Let's face it- I am right the majority of the time :)

2 comments:

married yoshimi said...

I know what you're talking about. truly.

Anonymous said...

G'day! A&A, H&P saying "good morning" - just checking out the latest for the wedding plans. We loved the "save the date" cards.