Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fat Frustration

Has this ever happened to you? You have a really important event coming up and you'd like to lose a few pounds. Nothing major- maybe about 10. Somehow you end up gaining 10 pounds and so now you have 15-20 to lose?

What's up with that?

I would guess that most brides try to lose weight for their wedding day. That's my plan anyways. But somehow my brain and body are working against me. I am gaining weight! I had thought this would be the easiest time of my life to stay on a diet and exercise more since I am getting married and I thought that would be a great motivator. I am finding the opposite to be true. I just want to eat. And then eat some more.

ARGH!

Every day I think, "OK, today is the day I am going to be super good and I will be super good from now on." And then I eat cookies. And the next day I think, "OK, today I am going to start my running again and I will run every other day." And then it is raining and I take the dog out for the quickest walk ever.

There must be a trick out there somewhere. There must be something I don't know.... Except I don't think there is. I know for a fact it is all about the math. Calories in VS Calories out. That's all that matters in this whole weight rollercoaster.

Calories in VS Calories out. Calories in VS Calories out. Calories in VS Carlories out
(my new mantra)

1 comment:

married yoshimi said...

you are singing my song.

stupid cakes and cookies.