Friday, February 27, 2009

135

135.......135.........135.......135

That is my goal weight. Yes, I've got a ways to go, but I can do it. Instead of starving myself, I am going to work out more. I am watching what I eat, but that isn't doing it for me. I need something more. I walk the dog every day, but last summer when I lost a good amount of weight I was running more and took the dog out at least twice a day. Since that seemed to work last time, I am going to get back to it. The warmer weather is definitely a motivator. I also bought a new pair of running shoes (my old ones actually had holes in them) and I bought one of those Nike + iPod things that into your iPod and talks to you over your music. I haven't set it up yet, but I will this weekend. All good motivators.

I also want to find a henna tatoo place and have 135 painted on my left arm in a beautiful design. I probably won't go that far, but I just might if I happen to go by a place that does that.

Most of us are always trying to lose a little weight. It's a constant battle. Sometimes I wish I would just be happy with my body and how it looks. I got pretty close this past summer. But now of course there is "the wedding". If there is one time in my life that I should be able to lose weight, I feel like it should be now. I don't want to look back at photos and think, "Why didn't I work a little harder? Why did I eat that extra piece of cake?" I want to look at those pictures and think, "My arms looks good and I don't have two chins." Its like training for a marathon. The training sucks, but the feeling you get from accomplishing something so great more than makes up for it.

On that note...Anyone want to train for a marathon? I need more than myself to keep me on track for that goal.

135....135....135....135....

1 comment:

married yoshimi said...

I have a goal, too.... our trip to Florida in July. we're going with family to Disneyland, water park, and beach it up and I want to be more comfortable in my skin.

I got on the scale for the first time in, oh, six months or something yesterday, and was surprised to see that my *weight* wasn't so bad... which means I'm mostly just jiggly and muffin-toppy and off-feeling from lack of muscle, toning, and good old-fashioned sit ups.

I've been trying to hit the park every day for some exercise - the amount at this point isn't my focus, just showing up and doing something is okay right now - and hope to up my yoga at home. I'm convinced that our stress about weight sabotages our efforts (and makes me think about food more, thus I tend to eat more), so I'm just trying to relax and enjoy the opportunity to get out and move. I've also been taking naps most days, just trying to take cues from what my body seems to want. I love the henna idea! those can look super-cool, and I love a good non-permanent motivator like that!

Sorry for the novel... I just got back from the park and was totally connecting with you. :) We can do it!! You'll be so pretty for your wedding!!